Friday, January 12, 2024

It Was a Stupid Idea Anyway

Just like the rest of my stupid ideas, trying acting was a stupid idea.

Maggie and I auditioned for a play together, and her tepid response tells me everything I needed to know. I really shouldn't bother doing this again.

She got her part.

I didn't get any of the three parts for which I was age-appropriate. If I had been the director, I wouldn't have cast me either.

And I'm not doing this again. 

The false kindness of encouraging everyone who comes out to audition is, in the long run, quite cruel. We are not talented. Just say so rather than wasting everyone's time. 

And now I have to be a big girl and a good mom and be excited for Maggie while I feel crushed and, even worse, stupid for ever thinking I could do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motherfucking Medical Insurance

We had no choice of insurers when my husband started his new job. It was Cigna or go pound sand. So we have Cigna with a high deductible pla...